Bookmate is a social ereading platform giving readers access to a vast library of great books across all major web and mobile platforms. Based on a subscription model we are building the leader in mobile ereading and delivering an amazing experience to readers around the world. We are looking for an exceptional candidate for the position of Localization Manager to manage the localization of Bookmate accross multiple markets and languages.
- Organise l10n for Bookmate apps (4 platforms, 15-20 languages) in perfect synch with the development team and without causing any delays to the development process
- Ensure proper QA for new and updated translations, relying on internal resources, outsourcing and Bookmate regional offices
- Manage various localization projects (marketing, legal, etc)
- Communicate with QA team, outsourcers, translators and regional managers
- Facilitate feedback from local teams around the world and ensure their feedback is captured, validated, and implemented.
- Work with local teams defining the right tones in different communication channels
- Provide general support to team members, team goals/initiatives, and contribute to overall process review and improvements
- Advanced English (necessary to communicate with translators and regional managers)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and keep within precise budget.
- Experienced in using CAT-tools, version control software and bug trackers (Jira)
- Basic understanding of how l10n is organised in web and mobile applications
- Project management background
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for reading and fascination with languages
Bookmate is a subscription based e-book service that makes reading accessible to anyone in the world with a mobile phone. We inspire millions of people around the globe to read more, discover new books and find new friends with common interests.
Bookmate brings readers, authors, publishers, brands and distribution partners together through a strong business model. Market leader in Russia, Bookmate is now available with local catalogue in English, Spanish, Danish, Swedish and other languages.